Katie's Cookbook

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Grape Leaves

Grape Leaves
(recipe from Dania Zahlouk)

Ingredients for filling:
1 cup short rice
3 oz. ground beef
½ tsp. pepper
½ tsp. nutmeg
salt
1 tsp. all spice
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp chili powder
1 jar grapesleaves

For Broth:
4 Tbsp lemon juice
5 cloves garlic

Instructions:
1. Wash the rice and leave it in the water for ½ half hour
2. Rinse the rice and add all remaining ingredients (mix together to create filling)
3. Rinse the leaves and remove the stems
4. Fill the leaves with the filling and roll them up
5. Make a broth by combining water, salt and fresh garlic. Cook in broth for 2 hours on low heat. Add lemon juice the last 15 minutes.

2 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Ashley Nicole said...

Hey Katie, I've been trying to find a way to contact you. I was enjoying viewing the Davis blog, but I'm not an invited reader. If you still keep up with your blog will you please send me an invitation. We miss you guys too!
Ashley

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger hollyollie said...

I didn't know you had a recipe blog. Of course I want to copy all your yummy dishes, so keep posting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home