Katie's Cookbook

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Cafe Rio Pork and Dressing

Café Rio Barbeque Pork
3 lb. Pork Roast
12 oz. can of coke
Sauce:
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 c. barbeque sauce
3/4 c. ketchup
1/3-1/2 c. brown sugar

1. Place roast in crock pot (with net) and add can of Coke. Cook on high for 1-2 hours, then turn to low for 7-8 hours.
2. Remove roast and clip off net, shred with 2 forks. Strain juice and reserve about 1 cup for sauce.
3. Sauce: Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl. Place shredded meat back in crock pot and pour sauce over. Stir to coat all meat. Add 1 cup of the reserved juice to further moisten meat.
4. Continue cooking on low until warmed through.

Note: She uses the picnic roast with the net around it but you can use any kind of pork roast. I tried it with a sirloin roast and it tasted the same. When I made this the first time I served it on rolls. The next time I made it into burritos like Café Rio does. I just made white rice and warmed up a can of Bush's Black beans. I melted cheese on a tortilla than added the rice, black beans, meat, pico de gala, guacamole and some of the dressing on top. I've turned it into a salad too.

Café Rio Dressing
1 c. mayonnaise
1 c. milk
1 envelope Ranch dressing mix
2 tomatillas, outer layer removed (these look like small green tomatoes)
1 serrano pepper (if you don't like it spicy only add half)
1/2 bunch cilantro, rinsed

Put all ingredients in blender and mix well.

**Amber sent me these recipes. Thy are to die for! I think I've made it 7 times and gained 3 pounds!

2 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger McKenna Gordon said...

Ohhhh boy, my favorite dinner: Cafe Rio pork salad! Now I can have it for much less than $8!

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Thanks Mckenna--now I know that somebody is looking at this blog. I hope you enjoy it!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home